Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FRIENDS

I was about to log off, drink some hot chocolate and watch Seinfeld when I thought of this song. I was like yeaaaaah. So I thought I'd share it with you. Great lyrics and great beats.

I remember seeing Whodini at the Sports Arena in Los Angeles. It was for The Raising Hell Concert 1986. On the bill: Run DMC, LL Cool J, Ice T, Whodini and some others I don't remember - The Beastie Boys were supposed to be there but was a no show for this part of the tour.

I went with friends Easie (R.I.P) and Minus (R.I.P) I couldn't find a good video for the song nor any footage of the concert but here is a video of live performance of the song. CHECK THE LYRICS BELOW



Friends
Is a word we use everyday
Most the time we use it in the wrong way
Now you can look the word up, again and again
But the dictionary doesnt know the meaning of friends

And if you ask me, you know, I couldnt be much help
Because A friend is somebody you judge for yourself
Some are ok, and they treat you real cool
But some mistake kindness for bein' a fool

We like to be with some, because they're funny
Others come around when they need some money
Some you grew up with, around the way
And you're still real close too this very day

Homeboys through the Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall
And then there's some we wish we never knew at all
And this list goes on, again and again
But these are the people that we call friends

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good post.