Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sleep Troubled Nights

Well not necessarily
Troubled
I just couldn't think of another word that began with the letter T that can be used for STN while describing my Sleepless Nights. so many T's make it so negative. Sleepless Tough Nights, Sleepless Terrible Nights, Sleepless Turbulent Nights, Sleepless....eeeeh.

Anyways - I was heading down Sunset yesterday and saw Never Sleep written across a yellow truck. I should have taken a picture but when I read it - it hit me. yeah...Never Sleep!!...It inspired me! Funny how a simple "tag" a on a truck, a vandalized truck, something so looked down upon, can actually inspire you and motivate you.

So I just wanted to say Sleepless Nights for me this year. I am gonna be on Never Sleep mode for this year and hopefully for a couple more.

I have a lot of work this year, which is good, not complaining, but I want to do more and if I want to do more I gotta sleep less (and even socialize less) - screw it...I am almost hitting 40, yes people 40, and I have so many ideas, things I wanna do and accomplish, goals I wanna achieve that I just need to tighten my belt and grind on them. It may very well require Sleepless Nights.

This whole thing reminds me of a poem written by a great poet named - Mary Oliver

"The grass never sleeps.
Or the roses.
Nor does the lily have a secret eye that shuts until morning."

excerpt from The Grass Never Sleeps

I am the grass. I am the ROSE - I AM NO SLEEP!!

peace

No comments: